Alright, this was an experiment turned YUMMY! A last minute invitation to a friends house made me do it!
I whipped up an Apple Tarte Tartin with Dark Chocolate and Biscoff Caramel Drizzle.
Here’s what I had in my basket:
Pepperidge Farm’s Puff Pastry
6 Granny Smith Apples, cored and sliced in 3/4 inch rounds
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 fresh lemon juice
1 tsp cinnamon
2 TBSP unsalted Butter, melted
1 Springform pan 8 or 10 inch
Preheat oven at 400 degrees
Thaw Pepperidge Farm Puff Pasty per box instructions. Set aside.
1. Boil water and peel apples. When boiling, reduce to a simmer them add 1 cinnamon stick to the pot. Place peeled apples in the pot making sure that the apples are covered with the liquid. Simmer until apples are tender but still firm.
2. Remove, then place in a bowl with ice to stop the cooking process. Then remove the core and slice in 3/4 inch thick rounds.
Add the brown sugar , cinnamon and lemon juice. Mix. Set aside
3. Take the bottom of the spring form pan and place it on top of the parchment paper. Trace it with a pencil making a large circle the same size as the pan. Set aside.
4. Roll out the thawed pepperidge farm puff pastry. Take the bottom of the springform pan and place on top of the puff pastry. Trace and take the round and set aside.
5. Re-Assemble the Spring Form pan. Place the parchment on the bottom of the pan. Add the apple rounds to the bottom of the pan.
6. Place the round puff pastry on top of the apples.
7. Bake for about 20-30 minutes or until the pastry puffs up and is browned.
8. When out of the oven, let sit for about 10 minutes, then remove the ring on the spring form pan.
9. Place a plate on the pastry side then gently flip over. Remove the parchment. Set aside.
To prepare the melted dark chocolate/ ganache, you will need the following:
4 oz dark chocolate chips
2 oz bittersweet chocolate
1 TBSP Kahlua
Set a bowl on top of boiling water. Add the chocolate and stir until melted. Add the Kahlua and fold. Set aside to cool slightly. Then drizzle on the Tarte Tartin.
To prepare the Biscoff Drizzle:
Simply take 3 tbsp of Biscoff Spread and microwave for a few seconds. When warm, stir to a liquid, then drizzle on the Tarte Tartin.